Saturday, January 28, 2012

Old Forge, NY Snow Report

There are a few people out riding and giving it the good old college try. Conditions aren't anything to write home about by any means. By the reports I am getting it's icy and we need snow to get things back into shape. Let's hope we get the snow they are calling for tonight and tomorrow. Next on my list for today, is go up to McCauley Mountain and reset the system for the trail cam. Yes I said McCauley, the trail cam is done by wireless, the link starts at McCauley and is around 5 miles long.

Update: I checked the cams just before I was ready to head up to McCauley and they where back online. Come to find out the DSL at McCauley has been down for over a day. Not all of the cams are hard wired into the internet and with that in mind the least little thing can cause problems.

RPM Snowmobile Rental located on Rt 28 just as you come into Old Forge caught on fire this morning and by what I heard burnt to the ground. I just hope that no one was hurt. You can replace buildings, sleds and material items, but not people.

Today's Video......

4 comments:

  1. Good update Steve - thanks! I stayed home and STILL have 0 miles this season. I'm heading to Vegas this week and for the Super Bowl so I'm hoping (praying) to head right up to OF when I get back on 2/8. I know the WV boys may still come and stay with you if they do.....let it snow!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where are the WV boys from in WV? I live in PA, but am originally from Buckhannon, WV.

      Delete
  2. Wow it is snowing, the ZIPPY BOAT RIDE GOT SNOWED IN ON THE LAKE. WE MAY RIDE SOON!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. here's a link to the fire:
    http://www.adirondackexpress.com/News/01282012_burns

    ReplyDelete